Monday, November 26, 2012

The List of Beer

Here's the list of beers and the order to drink them in.  December 1st will be here soon and we will start our beer tasting adventure.  I hope everyone likes the selection!

1.  Blue Mountain's Full Nelson, 5.9% ABV
2.  James Boag's Premium Lager, 5% ABV
3.  Goose Island's Mild Winter, 5.6% ABV
4.  Avery's Ellie's Brown Ale, 5.5% ABV
5.  Nectar Ale's Red Nectar, 5.5% ABV
6.  Anchor's Christmas Ale, 5.5% ABV
7.  Victory's Prima Pils, 5.3% ABV
8.  Rogue's Santa's Private Reserve, 6% ABV
9.  Köstritzer Schwarzbier, 4.8% ABV
10.  Lagunitas' Brown Shugga' Ale, 9.9% ABV
11.  Allagash's Black, 7.5% ABV
12.  Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter Ale, 4.7% ABV
13.  Great Lakes' Edmund Fitzgerald, 5.8% ABV
14.  Schlafly's Winter ESB, 5.8% ABV
15.  Founder's Pale Ale, 5.4% ABV
16.  Bell's Winter White Ale, 5% ABV
17.  Schloss Eggenberg's Hopfenkönig, 5.1% ABV
18.  Southern Tier's Phin & Matt's Extraordinary Ale , 5.7% ABV
19.  Schlafly's Christmas Ale, 8% ABV
20.  Avery's Old Jubilation Ale, 8.3% ABV
21.  Heavy Seas' Winter Storm Category 5 Ale, 7.5% ABV
22.  Abita's Christmas Ale, 5.5% ABV
23.  Goose Island's Christmas Ale, 7.3% ABV
24.  Trader Joe's 2012 Vintage Ale, 9% ABV

8 comments:

  1. Very excited to get started. Looking forward to everyone's comments, especially Johnson's and Katy's. I am a bit sad that I will not get to read BMoore's nightly rants about why Miller Light is superior to all winter ales. Game on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Brad will make some guest appearances. As for our meteoric rise to 36 participants, I consider you all my closest of friends, even if I only know some of you. If we grow by 50 percent a year, we'll have 81 people in a couple years, otherwise known as a big mess. Happy drinking and blogging (Katy makes me say that with every post). She prefers blog or die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to daily happy hours at home with a brand new beer. Don't forget to blog, or I will come after you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I've only had 4 of these 24 beers. I didn't even know Abita had a Christmas Ale. What have I done with my life? I love December. If everyone was in a 24 days of beer event, there would be no Seasonal Affective Disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First - Claire it's Miller Lite, not Light. Please don't blasphemy the greatest beer ever.

    Additionally, Brad and I are going to have a 24 hours of beer on 12/25 with Miller Lite. Its going to make the xmas present opening a little awkward when the kids have to go and get Daddy and Uncle Brad their 12th beer at noon, but I think its a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many people plan on cracking the first beer at midnight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'm done, nowhere to post...who's running this thing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew there was a city called Afton in Virigina? It's near that town that starts with C and has a creat recruiting class (never gets old). Recent events in Afton include a fire that destroyed a barn and a horse riding ring. This can has a "Check My Butt" slogan. From my vantage point, it looks flat and unatractive. Oh yeah, the beer was piquant.

    ReplyDelete