Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Return of 24 Days of Beer - 2017 edition

All,

Thank you for participating in the new edition of the 24 days of beer. 


The concept is simple: Everyone in the group (18 people) get 24 beers to taste leading up to Xmas. The beers are a nice mix of holiday styles, the usual styles and the unexpected. It starts Dec. 1 and culminates on Christmas Eve.

Each day you are assigned a beer, and then your are invited to share your thoughts on each beer. The are no hard and fast rules, but try to stay close the schedule as you can and contribute a thought or two.

Also, the year we ask that you rate each beer on scale of 1 to 5 jingle bells, with the highest being the best. Time permitting we will attempt to calculate all the ratings and see what was most popular.

This year's participants are:

Scott Shepherd
Bill McNary Jeremy Reuter Don Stack Glenn Del Favero Dan B Mark T Kevin Hughes Joelle Michaels Jay Olsen Chip Berry Ross Gibson Andrew Brodeur Andrew Brodeur's father Ethan Stryker Sam Weber David Schwartz Gary Mankulish

Please comment on this blog post to ensure there are no technical difficulties.

While many of you do not know each other, you do appreciate beer... and isn't that what the season is really all about. I will post the beer schedule tomorrow, but to wet your while enjoy these images of the buying/sorting process for 432 bottles/cans of beer for about $900.






Scott

7 comments:

  1. This is the first comment on the first post, which is worth nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, my name is Joelle (in case it doesn't show up here, I may need to figure out how to get that working) and I'm one of the new members. I work with Bill, and after drinking these 24 beers vicariously through him the past couple years, I'm excited to be a part this year. Is it Dec 1 yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would have been appropriate to also include a few pictures of the frightened Michael's shoppers trying to figure out why three guys were spending Black Friday sorting 450 beers in a parking lot. And yes, I did say 450 beers. The more math savvy of you may think I am rounding or ask why I didn't say 432 beers. There was a math error. On a possibly related sidenote, if anyone really loves the Flying Dog milk chocolate stout, let me know because I have 6 extras.....

    I started early last night with the Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Which did not make our cut. Personal 27 days of beer (although at this point in my life, I think it's about 10,000 days of beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, it was actually Hobby Lobby, which is oddly more satisfying.

      Delete
    2. Bill,
      Flying Dog milk chocolate stout sounds like a blessing. If you don't mind sharing them, I'd love one. Or 10,000.
      Thanks,
      David

      Delete