Friday, December 15, 2017

Day 15: Sierra Nevada Celebration





Why we picked it: Simply, Celebration is the godfather of holiday-themed microbrews, and we simply couldn't have a 24 days of beer without it. Plus, its a fine beer.

What Sierra Nevada has to say: 
The start of Celebration season is a festive event. We can’t start brewing until the first fresh hops have arrived, but once they have the season is officially under way! First brewed in 1981, Celebration Ale is one of the earliest examples of an American-style IPA and one of the few hop-forward holiday beers. Famous for its intense citrus and pine aromas, Celebration is bold and intense, featuring Cascade, Centennial and Chinook hops—honoring everything we have at Sierra Nevada. 


ABV: 6.8%
IBU: 65


Fun Fact: 
 To gt us into the spirit of the season:



7 comments:

  1. Man what I wouldn't give to be making a hop angel right now. I love this beer. I'd be drinking it right now, but we're only allowed to get drunk at work twice a week. Luckily I have at least 5 in my fridge at home waiting for me. I think I've probably already said all that can be said. Including 2011, let us never speak of 2011 again.

    http://24daysofbeer.blogspot.com/2011/12/december-22-sierra-nevadas-celebration.html

    http://24daysofbeer.blogspot.com/2014/12/december-6-sierra-nevada-celebration.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official. Glorious as always. But we all knew that already. The combination of this and a salt truck dumping an inch of sand on a slightly damp road remind me of winter. I'd just stay here and drink it's ten friends in my fridge, but I've got a middle school teacher's holiday party to get to! 6 out of 5 Aaron Rodgersessess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is among my favorite holiday beers. And as sipped it at 3:30 in the afternoon with snow falling, the setting seemed perfect for a Celebration. The verdict: It was good, but not quite as good as I remember. The flavor was not quite as strong as past year and the finish was a bit off. Almost metallic. That being said, it was still delicious, just not as amazing as I remember. 3.75 needless school closings out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This too is one of my favorite holiday beers. And also not quite as good as I remember, but still quite good. A bit too bitter for what it has to be, but thankfully it has the distinct Sierra Nevada taste to it, perhaps it is the yeast. But now I'm sitting by the fire, watching a Christmas Story, so all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 days behind. And I've been drinking steadily the last 3 days. How did this happen?

    Anyhoo-as others have said - classic winter brew. Need to stock up for the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was really very good. I suppose they must change it up year to year, but thought this was especially good. When a beer is described as "spicy," and "wintery" it's really hard to actually understand what that really means, until you drink one of these. Here, here, SV.

    I'd also like to note that I watched "A Christmas Story, Live!" Sunday night, and I am apparently the only person in America that enjoyed it. Later on, I caught "Scrooged" on AMC, which is another favorite.

    4 Matthew Brodericks from me.

    ReplyDelete