Saturday, December 16, 2017

Day 16: Bell's Arabicadabra



Why we picked it: Two-Hearted is an amazing beer, so we thought this should be included. Personally, I was wowed by a milk stout last year (DuClaw's), so may be this too could breakthrough my negative perception of stouts.

What Bells has to say: 
A little brewers' magic transforms locally roasted Arabica beans and a variety of specialty malts into a creamy, intense coffee stout. Enjoy before it disappears.

Arabicadabra is brewed with a cold coffee extract made at the brewery using a combination of fair trade, organic Nicaraguan coffee beans and Sumatra coffee beans. Lactose is also used for creaminess (those with dairy allergies or sensitivities should take note). It was inspired by Milchkaffe, another specialty Bell's beer.


ABV: 5.5%
IBU: 0

Fun Fact: 
 We are probably all getting accustomed to food pairings for beer. But what about candy pairings? Seems weird to me, but Bell's is all about that concept around Halloween. You can see it here and here. For Arabicadabra, apparently peanut butter cups are the thing.

7 comments:

  1. I always say I don't like stouts, but I am starting to turn the more I have quality milk stouts. This is flavorful with body and a nice finish. I worry all of these concoctions try to become chocolatey, but this one never went too much in that direction. All in all, a solid beverage on a chilly day. 3.25 Jack Frosts out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the coffee aroma on this one was quite strong, but thankfully the flavor was not overpowered by it. This one got more enjoyable as I drank it, it was quite well done. Not my favorite stout, but very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like stouts in winter. This one was a bit too much coffee for me but still good. 3.5 last Jedis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Original plan was to get to this early in the afternoon but somehow I got lost in starting my Christmas shopping and watching the ER network. Again. So after a fabulous dinner date night, it was time. Definitely smelled a lot more like coffee than it tastes. Has that thin milk stout body which I do enjoy. Quite frankly, if Starbucks would serve me this at 7 am every day, I'd be a happy man. I've had better milk stouts but with the coffee,this is up there. 2x2 out of 5 Derek Jeters. Which reminds me to buy a baseball team and trade all the best players to my old team for a ham sandwich and a sixer of Two Hearted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the one hand, I’m a little apprehensive about having a coffee stout this late. On the other hand, it’s not like it’s Four Loko, you know?

    I give the beer itself a 3.75, but the name is a 1.25. That pun is hard to parse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with homer on the name. Way too complicated. Tasty enough beer though. Coffee bean power.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I saw "Coffee Milk Stoudt" on the label, I was like, oh no! - but after enjoying it, I am actually thinking of filling the coffee pot at work with this lovely* stuff, and see if it would lead to more pleasant meetings. Much better than I expected. 3.75 Steve Millers (I know it's not the name of the beer, but just reminded me of "Abricadabra.")

    ReplyDelete