Sunday, July 26, 2020

Day 17 | July 26 | Union Brewing Divine IPA






Why We Picked It: Did we mention we are fans of Union and with all of these sours.

What Union Says About It: The hops are the breakout stars in this Divine IPA. Plump, juicy, and oozing with tropical fruity charisma. Citra and Mosaic have gotten all dressed up and are ready for their closeup. With an aroma that’s big and bold and a body that’s soft and smooth, we’ve crafted this perversely hoppy IPA to be as free spirited and full of character as Charm City itself. Reach for the stars and grab a taste of the Divine.


ABV: 6.5%

IBU: 50

Website: https://www.unioncraftbrewing.com/


What Union Says Celebrates 8 Years on July 17 We’ve officially been at this for 8 years. That’s 8 years of making beer, community, and good times. Our favorite event of the year is bringing over 4,000 people together to celebrate another year of UNION. Unfortunately, we cannot go forward with a big, bangin’ party this year. So we’re going to celebrate the best way we can at this time– with beer and memories.

Over the next four weeks, we’re dropping three new beers, and an old favorite. YES– Double Duckpin DIPA will make it’s long awaited return. We’ve been working on the recipes for our 8th Anniversary Series for a while and can’t wait for you to try what we’ve brewed up. PLUS we’re hosting an Early Night Talk Show on Saturday 8/8 at 8PM on Facebook Live with our Owners & Staff, Special Guests, and Baltimore’s Favorite Club DJ– James Nasty.
But wait– “beer and a talk show is not enough,” you say? We thought so too…

INTRODUCING: THE 8 BOX
We’ve put together an 8th Anniversary Box that will include: (2) of each of the Anniversary Beers (8 in total), the 8th Anniversary Glass, a UCB Magic 8 Ball, and more. This box will go on pre-sale TOMORROW at 12PM. These are VERY LIMITED, and we don’t want you to miss out so set a reminder in your phone. Get your order in TOMORROW for pick up between August 5th-8th.

There’s nothing more we’d rather do than throw a party, drink beer, and dance to live music with you. That’s the UNION way. But, our first priority is the safety of our Staff & Patrons, so we hope you can celebrate with us virtually this year.
Good beer brings good people together for good times– and good works. Beer Unites…even from a distance.

7 comments:

  1. Hallelujah!!!!
    Oh sweet baby Jesus, this is what I'm talking about.
    OK, first confession, not a big fan of the sour and/or sweet beers. Second confession, I've really been into the "light" IPAs, Mexican style oils and Amber's (seriously you should all try try Bohemias variety pack or Negro Modelo dark).
    With that confession, it becomes more obvious how this beer really took me back to the start of my love for IPAs.
    Great, full body, hoppy, just a tad piney aftertaste and a citrusy bouquet to open. Very well valences, one part of improve on, and this is nitpicking to my taste, a higher IBU.
    4.89 out of 5 mini bacchanals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through a similar growth period. I am to the point in my life that I often want a beer that .... well I can recognize as a beer. Sure if I’m getting a little flight I’ll throw some wild cards in. But just give me something that’s a beer.

      Also that is the reason I don’t get a beer a lot of times we go out. I know out of the 20 beers on top at random place 18 of them are going to be some 8% or fruit bomb or crazy IBU IPA.

      Just treat me like the old man I am and give me a refreshing beer. I am too old for games.

      Delete
  2. Third time I've had this. Gets so much better each time. I may work this into my regular rotation. Okay, maybe i'm biased by the week of sours but this is exactly what I was looking for. Checked the historical records. First time I claimed this was too "floral" but in my defense it was part of a flight. Second time I loved it, but I was at a White Reaper concert at Ottobar and what doesn't taste great in those circumstances? But this is a fair test in my opinion and it was just perfect. I mean, if we hadn't included Sierra, I might declare this the best beer of the 24 days of beer! 4.5 out of 5 Ricki Lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great beer. I liked it a lot more then duck pin which I am not a huge fan of. The hops really balanced out the ale maltiness that can linger in a lot of ales. This was great beer and would buy again. 4.5 out of 5 it’s not you it’s me, let’s take a break from sours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent IPA. It probably benefits from all of the sours we've had recently, but still a fruity, hoppy IPA but not all that bitter. I would gladly have another. 3.5 out of 4 Hairspray references.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. Most enjoyable. 4.25/5
    If it were just slightly less octane than 6.5% I'd give it a higher score. But no complaints

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge fan! Union is a terrific brewery, and this is tops. Had this with grilled Rockfish this evening, which may be the equivalent of stepping on a cheesesteak and spitting on the Nick Foles statue. But I digress - one thing with Union - I feel like the canned beer tastes really fresh - like it was just poured out of a tap from a bar at Fells, OC, St. Michaels or Snowden River. I digged the hoppiness and citrus-y thing going on. 3.75/4.00 Citrusy Things in my book.

    ReplyDelete