Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Day 10: Jailbreak Over the Line




Why We Picked It: A local DIPA that none of us had before.

What Jailbreak Says About It: "Due to the unique YCH® Veteran’s hop blend, Over the Line runs the entire contemporary hop flavor continuum, from lemon/lime citrus, to overripe pineapple, to herbal grassy undertones, and beyond. Buoyed by substantial amounts of malted wheat and flaked oats in addition to soft water, Over the Line possesses a luxuriously soft, yet ultimately dry texture. Cheers to all of those that have served our country, thank you."

ABV: 8.2%


 IBU:  N/A


Fun Facts: Just released last month in honor's of Veteran's Day and in partnership with AMVETS, a nonprofit headquartered in Lanham, that strives to improve the quality of life for vets, their families, and their communities through leadership, advocacy, and services. A dollar of every Over the Line! pint purchased will benefit this organization.







8 comments:

  1. Another Surprise entry. Very well balanced, strong flavors but not over the top. Well done Jailbreak!!! I gave it a 3.5 of 5 jail house rocks. If it wasn't for the 8.2% ABV i'd have another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happily surprised by this one. It is really quite tasty. I am willing to go 4 out of 5 on this one. The high ABV makes this not ideal for chugging although the taste is quite good. 3.25 out 5 for Beer Mile Chugability. I gotta get out to Jailbreak again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the fact that I know a double IPA is not a dark beer, something about the colors on this can had me picturing a dark beer, so I was a little surprised by the light haziness when I poured it. The description of the hop continuum is spot on, at one point I even thought I tasted coconut (just me I'm sure). Tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double IPA are clearly my favorite style of beer. Not for every season or occasion of course, but most the time a double taste like the nectar of the gods to me... However, this one is more of a nectar of the demigods. Good, but not with the "punch in the face" flavor I expect from a double. When I am drinking a 8+ ABV, I want to know it. This was almost too drinkable (is that a thing?). 3 out of 5 stars for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good beer, although I was really expecting a 'regular' double IPA. Why does everything have to be hazy nowadays? Definitely one of the better ones for the style, so I'll take it. It was quite smooth and tasty, but I'd prefer a clear DIPA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back from a week of drinking all the beer the west coast could offer (after blasting a marathon of course)! Just need to drink 8 beers tonight to catch up. Ro refused to start with the milk stout so we chose this one. I too am usually a huge fan of doubles since usually it's twice the booze and twice the taste. This one isn't bad, but a bit on the sweet (and yes coconuty) side. Still consumed my 6 ounces in less than 5 minutes and off to the next offering! Giddyup! I give it 3.5 out of 5 Dylan Bundys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually looked at the can. Not sure what the Jailbreak Big Lebowski connection is, but I support it. Outstanding can art. And I change my rating to 3.5 out of 5 Smokeys.

      Delete
  7. See me and the boys we don't like it
    So we're getting up and going down
    Hiding low looking right to left
    If you see us coming I think it's best
    To move away do you hear what I say
    From under my breath

    ReplyDelete