Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Day 11: Jailbreak The White Russian





Why We Picked It: Because the Dude abides.

What Jailbreak Says About It: "Light in color yet full in flavor. An appropriate marriage of golden malts and perfectly roasted coffee from our friends at Ceremony Roasters. A hint of vanilla is added to recreate a White Russian worthy of The Dude’s respect. Jailbreak abides!" 


ABV:  5.5%


 IBU: 13 

Fun Facts: Per the brewery, "Jailbreak is a freedom expression. Beginning in 2013, and becoming fully operational in 2014, our artfully crafted beer is meant to be an escape from whatever drama is present in your life. We are made up of professionals from various industries, all brought together by the common desire to make something different and do something with our lives that has more purpose."

They also really like The Big Lebowski and have large mural of the Dude on one of the walls. 

7 comments:

  1. Everything from the name to the can design, to the type of beer screamed "GET OUT". And it did not surprise. Not my thing, not be taste. Too much going on and I think I tasted a hint of dirt in it.
    2 Putin's out of 5 Lavaroffs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first cream ale was from Genesee Brewery in near my hometown in Upstate NY. I was young (technically, too young), so perhaps my pallet wasn't ready for it, but in summary: It scarred me for years and made me despise cream ale (beer and NA versions) and believe they we the work of the devil.

    This is better than that at least. Actually, as a whole, I don't mind this at all. However, its also not what I think of when I want a beer. It's a good (perhaps even an improved) version of a white Russian. Yet, it also makes me miss beer. 2.5 out of 5 nice marmots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this beer had more flavor than a whole case of Natty Light. Better can aesthetics too.

    I think one of these at a time is more than enough for me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll give this one points for creativity. It is pretty well done, but I wouldn't want many of them. It is a little too much for me, but fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No tea or tomato juice
    You'll see no potato juice
    All the farmers in Africa say Hey Hey
    And when their ham and eggs need saving,
    Coffee ketchup gives them flavor
    The put coffee in the coffee in Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  6. I typically do not like cream ales even though I was a huge cream soda fan growing up. However mixing cream with coffee and vanilla worked for me. 3.5 out of 5. I don't remember it being this thick the first time I had it so I think the density affects its chugability a bit but the taste offsets that a bit. 3.5 out of 5 for Beer Mile Chugability.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's pretty cool Scott put the novelty beers back to back. And the Jailbreaks. Genius strategery! I'd had this once before, but I think it was a sampler so I didn't really get how much like an actual White Russian this is. Which is pretty cool, but the only time I would ever drink a White Russian would be at a Big Lebowski themed party. Which is rare. So I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't buy it again. But I'd buy it before I bought a White Russian. Unless I was at a Big Lebowski themed party. Which isn't that infrequent. Although it should be more frequent. The Dude abides. 2.5 out of 5 severed toes.

    ReplyDelete