Sunday, December 15, 2019

Day 15: Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale



Why We Picked It: Because it would not be 24 Days of Beer without Celebration.

What Sierra Nevada Says About It: "The start of Celebration season is a festive event. Once the first fresh hops arrive from harvest, the party begins! We first brewed Celebration in 1981, blazing the path for American-style IPAs and offering a new take on holiday beers, which are often spiced and sweet. Famous for its citrus and pine aromas, Celebration is bold and intense, featuring Cascade, Centennial and Chinook hops—honoring everything we have at Sierra Nevada."


ABV: 6.8%


 IBU: 65

Fun Facts: The first batch brewed on premises was its Pale Ale, in November 1980. The following year, the brewery introduced Celebration, an IPA, which it continues to release as a winter seasonal. The company sold 950 US beer barrels of beer in its first year. The brewery produced 786,000 US bbl in 2010, and as of 2016, Sierra Nevada Brewing is the seventh-largest brewing company in the U.S.

8 comments:

  1. I had a couple of these last night, as well as the one today. That probably throws off the assessment a bit. Nonetheless, this remains one of the most reliably good holiday brews. The aromas and spiciness do seem a bit more subtle than in the past (which is not my preference), but still a good seasonal beer and a signal that Xmas is just about here. 3.5 out of 4 beer-themed ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is about the 8th of these I've had this year, but I did save the official one we got for today. I've said all that can be said about this beer in past years and it tastes as awesome to me as always (no matter what a certain J-Ru may say). I would drink this all day every day if society and the Sierra Nevada release schedule allowed it. My only regret from last weekend was that I was just over an hour from Chico and I didn't make the pilgrimage. Some day. This gets 6 out of 5 Aaron Rodgersessess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first Celebration so I can't compare with previous years. This is bitter. Drinks higher than the claimed 65 IBU. As I've stated, I like bitter, the other flavors though are vary faint, making it just a jagged little pill. I don't hate it, but it leaves something to be desired. 3 bitter pills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping to be celebrating a newborn this weekend but I guess this will have to do for now. Celebration has always been a solid go to IPA. The snowy cabin on the label also makes me think of snow days. Possible delayed opening tomorrow maybe? 3.75 out of 5. IPAs are not my beer of choice for beer miles so 2.75 out 5 for Beer Mile Chugability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not as good as previous years, though the bottle we got for 24dob was better than the growler fill I got. Too malty. I mean, reasonable but...doesn't meet their usual high standards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll use my own words for this post, because this is my favorite of all the holiday brews, one I look forward to each year. I'm glad it was included!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a staple in my beer fridge every fall. It's a great beer, and one of my favorites. Very fresh, hoppy, and with a nice malt profile, it never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its good. But I do prefer Celebrator (Ayinger)

    ReplyDelete