Friday, December 13, 2019

Day 13: Boulevard Brewing Steep Drop






Why We Picked It: I'm personally a fan of Kansas City-based Boulevard. Plus we wanted another stout. 

What Boulevard Says About It:  "Crafted to showcase custom-roasted beans from Kansas City's Second Best Coffee, this smooth, creamy nitro milk stout blooms with notes of honey, molasses, citrus and cocoa powder. A mild nuttiness is accentuated by caramel and chocolate malts, with a touch of flaked oats."


ABV: 5.2%


 IBU: 23

Fun Facts: Boulevard Brewing Company announced a partnership with 20th Century Fox and its highly anticipated film Dark Phoenix, marking the studio’s first collaboration with a craft brewer. Boulevard’s latest year-round beer, Space Camper Cosmic IPA, will get a new X-Men inspired look and blockbuster perks to celebrate the new release in theaters June 7. SpaceCamper’s new limited-edition packaging features a Dark Phoenix icon floating over a prominent “X” with the beer’s orange, grey, white and black branding. In addition to the original six-packs of 12oz cans, Space Camper will be available in single-serve 16oz cans, primarily for venues and events.


7 comments:

  1. Caught up with my home work. Back to back Stout experiments.
    Unlike the Mole, this one is poorly executed. As a stout, it lacks the body, and the full flavor. This comes of watered down, just like having sex in a canoe. As for the flavor that too is week. Nitro? Don't think so.
    Very disappointing considering it's Boulevard Brewing Co.
    2 Folgers out of 5 Illy espressos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should proof read my posts. Or don't come back and read them

      Delete
  2. I like coffee. I like milk. I like milk in coffee. Normally I like milk stouts with coffee flavoring. But as Theodore said, this is just weak. Way too thin. I've never had a beer this dark taste so light. Too much pine tar? Not enough booze? Something is wrong. I mean, don't get me wrong, it certainly is smooth and I'm going to have no problem drinking the 11.9 ounces that Ro rejected. But overall, I give it 2.5 out of 5 Amos Otissessess. Since I spent the last few days sorting through my parents basement which includes immense quantities of probably worthless early eighties baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seemed OK, but that was probably just after the mole disaster. It really seems thin and lacks the body and richness of a stout because of the milky. A very pedestrian beer. 2 out of 4 cuppa Joe's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me your hungry, your tired, your poor, I'll piss on them
    That's what the statue of bigotry says
    Your poor huddled masses, let's club them to death
    And get it over with
    And just dump them on the boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was very thin and I thought that was due to the nitro. I still got the coffee taste and did not mind downing this at all. In fact I drank it too fast and gave myself a minor brain freeze. I typically like my sweet beers to have a little more density though. 3.5 out of 5. The thin liquid and nitro makes me think this would be an ideal beer mile beer though. I saw someone try doing one with LEft Hand Milk stout though and it ended pretty disastrously for them. I think it might be worth revisiting though after having this. 4 out of 5 for Beer Mile Chugability.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting, I liked the smoothness but too much coffee for me. That is probably what they were going for, but I much prefer just a normal stout.

    ReplyDelete