Sunday, December 16, 2018

Day 16: Nitro Merlin Firestone Walker Brewing Company








Why we picked it: We were looking for something in my milk stout genre and Firestone Walker has earned an excellent reputation.

What Firestone Walker has to say: Our first nitro beer is now available in cans. Just pour as directed, behold the wizardry and enjoy the mindblowing mouthful that we call Nitro Merlin Milk Stout.

ABV: 5.5%
IBU: 27
Fermentation: 100% Stainless Steel Fermentation



Fun Facts:Founded in 1996 by brothers-in-law Adam Firestone and David Walker, Firestone Walker Brewing Company is a pioneering regional craft brewery located on the coast of California. Our state-of-the-art brewery in Paso Robles produces a diverse portfolio ranging from iconic pale ales to vintage barrel-aged beers. Our Barrelworks facility in Buellton makes eccentric wild ales, while the Propagator pilot brewhouse in Venice specializes in R&D beers. In 2015, we combined with another family-owned brewery, Duvel Moortgat, to help pave the way for our next 20 years and beyond. With deep roots in the Central Coast, we employ numerous sustainable practices that reflect our commitment to the local community and landscape. 



7 comments:

  1. Normally I mock beers that tell me how to pour them. But this was pretty cool. Like the Guinness Draught in a can! Had this once below in a bar and thoroughly enjoyed it. Loving this today. I mean this could get one in the Christmas spirit that has been dimmed today with a rainy run, buying a tree in an inch of mud, and finding out that the cookies you just ate were made with margarine that expired in April 2018. Smooth and creamy. Not getting as much milk as some milk stouts but I prefer this. Personally I'm obsessed with the Luponic Distortion series so glad we chose a Firestone Walker. 4 out of 5 Roy Firestones and Scott Walkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one did remind me of a Guinness as well. It goes down just as easily too. I think I prefer my milk stouts thicker actually. The ease of drinking though made me wonder whether this could be a beer mile candidate. Perhaps a practice beer instead. 3.5 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really nice beer. Very true to form milk stout - extremely smooth and nice flavor. I actually think it might be too smooth! I prefer my stouts to be a little more roasty and harsh, but I could easily drink a few of these back to back. I give it 4 ford explorer blowouts (a full set of tires!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smooth, creamy, and screams milk stout. Like a stoutsicle. Can I return the 6 of Edmund Fitzgerald I bought at Total Wine today? 4.75 out of 5 Mr Plows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed the directions closely, and the beer poured very well into a lovely beer glass. It was smooth and has a nice, but - in the end - I just didn't find it very interesting. Like Ethan, I like my stouts (all my beers really) to have move flavor. Whether its coffee or roast of something, but this was fine but just not very interesting. I will now drink another Celebration. I give this 2.75 Jimmy Walkers (Dyno-mite!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only after reading these comments did I learn there were special pouring instructions. Damn! Still a reasonably good beer.

    Wondering though why we picked this. A tent firestone walker mostly an IPA brewery?

    ReplyDelete