Saturday, December 22, 2018

Day 22: Dogfish 75 Minute IPA



Why We Picked It: Dogfish makes amazing beers, and this is a hard one to find. 

What Dogfish Says About It: 
It’s been a minute … but 75 Minute IPA is back! What began as a cask-conditioned ale at our Rehoboth brewpub back in 2011, quickly grew to become a cult-favorite amongst craft enthusiasts. From the groucho glasses that adorned the label to it’s slightly dry and lingering bitterness, 75 Minute was (and is) beloved by many. Now in our latest iteration, this classic IPA is again brewed with maple syrup from Sam’s family farm in Massachusetts, while being continually hopped throughout the boil, and then dry-hopped with a slew of cascade hops. The result is a malty and earthy brew with citrusy-pine aromas, balanced by subtle maple notes. 

ABV: 7.5.9% 

IBU: 75
Food Pairings: Burgers, grilled meats, avocado.

Fun Facts:

https://youtu.be/Ob_mRTyba_k






6 comments:

  1. I wasn’t sure what to expect here. But I love this! I was worried it would be too mapley (and I love maple) but not getting much here. Maybe it does just provide maltiness. But I’m not usually a guy who looks for or likes maltiness in my IPAs. But this I like. Getting a hint of spiciness? Of course, I have a serious head cold and so my entire sense of taste may be shot. So maybe this beer is terrible. (Mental note: Check to see if I had a head cold in 2013 when I had the Anderson Valley Winter Solstice). But for now, in this condition, I give it 4.25 out of 5 benchwarming Joe Flaccos. And yes, I know I already used that scale but you find me something else from the state of Delaware. 4.25 out of 5 Greg Lawsons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or does this drink like a session IPA? With the extra 15 minutes you’d expect something a little more bold and something to savor a little longer. Not a criticism just a thought. I really like this beer. Pairs well with this Caps 4 goal lead. 4 out of 5 Joe Beninatis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually into IPAs but really enjoyed this one. Maybe because I drank it right after all the kids left that were at my house for a cookie decorating party. I give it 4 messy but still tasty cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After three days on the DL with a head cold, I am back and I chose the right day to return. This is an excellent beer. I agree with Bill on the maple. It is just a hint and that's all I need. Of course, I still have a head cold and barely eating lately. Nonetheless, I give it 4 out of 5 sudafeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great beer. It's better than the 60 minute IPA, with less of the kind of milkiness (I don't know a better term) and a bit more hop sharpness. Very enjoyable. I give it a 4.5 uses of the phrase "look, I'm in Delaware".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Health Benefits of Beer: 15 Interesting Facts About Beer. It is proven that there are a lot of health benefits of beer. Moderate drinking of beer prevents heart diseases, boosts mental health, detoxes the body, and more.

    ReplyDelete